Mobile Site Access From Computer July 10, 2010Posted by zainalarif in Uncategorized.
Tags: addons, agent, computer, e71, firefox, header, kaskus, m.kaskus.us, mobile, modify, nokia, site, user, user-agent
The advantage of access mobile site version from a website is we don’t need a lot of bandwith but we can get the information inside without downloading the ads for example.
Actually there are sites which allows you to visit its mobile version, you can try m.facebook.com or m.gmail.com. You can access it without problem. But there are also the sites which restrict our access. For example the indonesian forum m.kaskus.us, if we access it throgh the computer we will redirected to its full site.
So we will manipulated the site to identify our computer as a handphone. It does with changing or adding the header of our request while we enter the address of the site.
What we need is Firefox browser.
Install Modify Header add-ons through Tools>Add Ons>Get Add Ons or addons.mozilla.org. Install and restart firefox.
And the last we configure the addons:
– Open Tools>Modify Headers
– Select Add from drop-down menu
– Fill the Name (first coloumn) with user-agent
– Fill the Value (second coloumn) with user-agent of a phone, you can google it, or I use Nokia E71 user-agent as follow: Mozilla/5.0(SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71/1.00.000; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1;)AppleWebKit/413(KHTML, like Gecko)Safari/413
– Click Add
– Now select Configuration and click Always ON…. box
– Close the window.
Now you can open a mobile site, to disable it simply click Enable/Disable after select the action on configuration window.